Ippudō, Westfield Sydney

By 2:05 PM

I know I'm late on jumping on the bandwagon but I finally found the time to make a visit to Ippudo last week before the annual City of Sydney Chinese New Year Parade. JHL has been raving about Ippudo for months and he orders it every week for lunch at work so I was expecting a lot for my first visit.




We had to order the famous Ippudo Pork Bun ($4). It was as heavenly as I expected but it ended too soon. The steamed bun was perfect with the spicy marinated braised pork and Japanese mayo. I could've of easily a few more if it was not for the price.


We both ordered the Akamaru Sinaji ramen ($16) which is similar to the original tonkotsu broth but enhanced with a special blended miso paste and fragrant garlic oil and served with noodles, pork belly, black mushroom and shallots. They give you the option of choosing which types of noodles you would like e.g. soft, normal, hard.  I chose the soft noodles whereas JHL always orders the hard noodles (I probably would go with the hard noodles next time). But now I understand why Ippudō ramen is so popular. The broth was tasty and the added miso paste and garlic oil just gave it the extra hit of flavour. However, the only let down was the lack of noodles and single piece of pork belly.

Overall, I enjoyed my first time at Ippudo. The restaurant was very modern, clean and decorated and suits all kinds of diners. There are larger tables for groups, communal tables and seats of individual diners. They also had excellent service, the food was pretty much instant and we were always attended to. For these reasons it might  justify the price however it's not a place you would come to if you were looking for value. 

Ippudō on Urbanspoon

Ippudō
Address: Level 5 Westfield Sydney 188 Pitt St, Sydney 2000
Phone: 9573 0011
Website: http://www.ippudo.com.au/
Opening times: 11am - 11pm

You Might Also Like

0 comments