Temasek, Parramatta

By 5:23 PM , , , , , ,

I recently returned from travelling to Singapore and Malaysia a couple of weeks back and absolutely loved the food there!  To satisfy my withdrawal symptoms JHL and I visited Temasek for lunch. I have visited Temasek once before and I knew they have lunch specials on during weekdays between 11.30am-2.30pm (below).


There were so many options I wanted to try. We really wanted to try the Prawn Laksa and Beef Rendang here but I was going to make laksa later on in the week and JHL had beef rendang the day before. Instead I chose the Mee Goreng with chilli ($10.80) and JHL had the Satay Chicken and Rice ($11.00)

We were impressed with the serving sizes especially since it was a lunch special however JHL was underwhelemed with his dish.  It was a bit on the sweet side and not peanutty enough. It could've done with a few more veges in the dish as well.

Satay Chicken

I didn't mind the Mee Goreng and definitely tasted better with the hit of chilli. There was a generous serving of prawns in the dish but again, it could've done with some veges.

Mee Goreng 

I also ordered the Chendol Drink ($4.00) consisting of pandan jelly noodles, red been, palm sugar and coconut milk topped with shaved ice. I usually had it as a dessert in Singapore with durian (yum) but the it wasn't bad in a drink form either but could've done with more palm sugar.

Chendol Drink

The  food  came out fast but service wasn't too good; I'm not sure whether it was because it was lunch time and they wanted to quickly hustle people in and out. Although some aspects were lacking, I would definitely come back to Temasek just because I love Singaporen food and the lunch specials are generous and affordable.

 Temasek on Urbanspoon

Temasek 
Address: 71 George Street  Parramatta, NSW 2150
Phone: 02 9633 9926
Opening times: Tue-Sun 11.30am-2.30pm, 5.30pm-10pm

You Might Also Like

0 comments