Salted Butter Popcorn Macarons

By 4:28 PM


I visited Adriano Zumbo at the Star last week and had his salted butter popcorn macarons and I knew I just had to recreate them! I loved the balance between the buttery goodness and the salty aftertaste.

Recipe was quite simple. I made plain macarons shells and decorated them with melted butter and popcorn pieces which I blitzed in my mini wizz food processor (right). The buttercream filling was flavoured with sea salt. I was hesitant to add too much salt as I thought it would of been too overpowering, but when I tasted the finished product, the more salt the better! So I ended up sprinkling a bit more sea salt in the middle of the macarons after piping. Those with high blood pressure, avoid!


I didn't take many photos of the whole process as it was kind of spontaneous! Above, I brushed on the melted butter and sprinkled on the popcorn pieces. Be prepared for some serious butterfingers when putting these babies together.

The finished product below. Of course they aren't as good as the zumbo ones, but they are addictive!! They are best enjoyed after refrigerating for at least 24 hours for the shells to become chewy. Before serving, leave them out of the fridge for the buttercream to soften!






Recipe inspired by Adriano Zumbo (Zumbarons: A fantasy land of macarons by Adriano Zumbo)

You Might Also Like

0 comments