Bar Contessa, Balmain

By 4:56 PM

I think I have a new favourite brunch place! Walking along the quiet main road of Balmain I was drawn into Bar Contessa by its modern yet rustic style décor.



At the first glance of the menu, I wanted to order everything, which is when I knew I would already love Bar Contessa.  I was drooling as the waiters were bringing out other diners' meals such as big juicy cheese burgers with thick cut chips, huge chicken tortillas and large bowls of creamy cauliflower soup and sourdough bread.


The menu featured an all day breakfast menu (awesome!) and a variety of lunch menu items.

The past few times I have ordered fritters at previous café I wasn't entirely impressed but for some strange reason I feel drawn to order them everytime. However, when the House Make Corn  Cakes ($18.50) came out my eyes widened, the serving was massive. I couldn't wait to dig in! The corn fritters were topped with fresh guacamole, rocket, tomato salsa and generous serving of  chorizo sausage. Instead of the chorizo there was also a choice of hickory smoked bacon, Tasmanian smoked salmon or sauteéd field mushrooms.


My date ordered the Spicy Italian Meatball Melt ($14.50)  from the lunch menu. The meatballs are also house made and was served on toasted sourdough with fresh basil, provolone cheese, fresh rocket, chilli and shaved italian parmesan. The meatballs were flavoursome and juicy with a good hit of spice which was no overpowering and who doesn't love melted cheese?


It was definitely love at first sight with the small buzzing cafe. I can't wait to come back and my other brunch favourites such as The Ultimate Cheeseburger and Brioche French Toast.

Bar Contessa on Urbanspoon



Bar Contessa
Address: 71b Darling Street Balmain 2041
Phone: 9555 7399
Website: http://www.barcontessa.com.au/

You Might Also Like

0 comments